Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bundaberg Hobbyworld is closing down.

Well folks, the time has come to move on. As such, Bundaberg Hobbyworld will be officially closing its doors as at the end of October this year. I've tried in vain for over 3 years to turn this business into something more than a just-scraping-by enterprise, but it's simply not to be.

It's disappointing to discover just how little help is available for someone in small business in this country. At every turn, any request for assistance has been met with absolute disinterest. If I didn't know better, I'd say the government and banks *want* small business to fail. There's no other explanation for the complete and total lack of compassion encountered when attempting to seek assistance to remain solvent. The obstinate, inflexible and downright unhelpful attitude of both entities is something you have to experience to fully appreciate. Unfortunately, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, so if you're reading this and considering starting a small business, save yourself the trouble and just go fishing instead. After 12 months of being an unemployable welfare recipient, you'll be eligible for more assistance than you can poke a stick at.

To those of you who have been loyal supporters of the shop, thank you very much for your support and I'm sorry to be leaving you without a dedicated hobby shop in town. To those people who persisted with purchasing online and then expecting free help, well, I think I've made my opinions of that behaviour rather well known in the past, so we'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment